Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The dead, but walking zombie.

At 4:30pm, after 9 beautiful hours of adventure and discovery a "piano" falls from the sky and lands on my fucking head. This piano. Oh, this fucking piano ... just getting hit by it once would turn any Baptist into a chain smoking, beer guzzling, dancing fool. One's gotta think that the chances of getting hit with a falling piano must be slim, but it happens to me every fucking day.  All I can do is load the lil' man into his wagon and pull him in circles around the 'hood until my solo shift ends at 5:30.

During the zombie walk this evening, one thing consumed my mind. I didn't take the lil' man past all his favorite landmarks: Liam's house, the purple octagon house, the Fertile Underground, Enza's house, or the orange Honda Element and all the memorized driveways that contain a Mini Cooper. I did not repeat every word he spoke. I didn't even look into the sky as he joyously screamed, "Airplane." All I could do, was think about this blog.

I've only written one post in the past two weeks. Why is this? Before, I was writing at least one a day. Has there been nothing to write about? Nope, thing's have been PRETTY eventful. Is it because the lil' man broke my MacBook? Nope, that just happened a few days ago. Have I lost interest in writing? Nope. Well, what is it then?

After walking around in circles for an hour, I finally came to the conclusion that my recent lack of story-based reflection/release is due to the picnic being over. A month has passed. We've settled into our new life. A life that is really exhausting for me. The fumes that were affording me the energy to write have dissipated. I'm toast. I need a beer. Make that another. Hold on....

I didn't think I was going to be writing tonight. In fact, I was planning to use any energy I could muster to search the classifieds for employment. But just before bed, unsolicited, the lil' man gave me what I need everyday, preferably at 4:30. "Huge huggies!" He even threw in a kiss on the lips for good measure. Oh, that charming lil' bugger hooked me for at least one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment