Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"People daddy. People!"

Yep. You guessed it. We went to the playground this morning.

The lil' man is quickly becoming the favorite whitest white boy at the playground. He comes equipped with lots of toys. And he shares. He doesn't care what gender you are, what color you are, what language you speak, what your religion is, how old you are, or how much $$$ your parents earn. He simply wants to play. In his words all these people are "PEOPLE!" Surely this is common behavior for a two year old. Or is it? Either way, it makes me one proud daddy.

Most of the other kids seem perplexed at the lil' mans willingness to share. "Really? I can play with this? With you?" They glance over at me, obviously his daddy, for a reassuring nod. This crushes me. Makes me want to sob. I smile and say, "Of course you can play with it."

If the lil' man only retains one thing that I teach him, I hope it is that people are people.

No comments:

Post a Comment