Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Beatles were WAY ahead of their time!

The four people that religiously read this blog might be wondering why I'm writing a post at the unusual hour of 6pm. Well, I just sent the wifey off to the farmers' market with the lil' man. Why? Don't you worry, I'll be joining them in a bit. I just needed to chug a couple of Redbridge first.

You'd think that with a two year old, I'd have some stupid Elmo song stuck in my head. Or ... that fucking wheels on the bus song. Why do we subject our children to these songs, anyway? But, that's not the case. I can't shake I'M SO TIRED, by the Beatles.

This verse in particular:
I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder, should I get up and fix myself a drink? 
No no no

Except for some reason my mind has changed the line No no no to Yes yes yes. I'm pretty sure John Lennon didn't write this song about being a stay-at-home dad. But I really don't give a shit. As long as I'm a stay-at-home dad, this song WILL be my theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment