Thursday, June 21, 2012

I just have time for today.

It's 7:51pm. Nine minutes until I have a moment to wipe the days filth away. For all you non-stay-at-home-parents, that means I get to take a fucking shower. And it was 95 degrees out today, so there is plenty of filth to wash away.

I don't really have time to discuss today's activities in detail. But let's just say it was a full, very fucking long day. It involved an early and short nap, which made for a grueling afternoon shift. I think I fell asleep twice. Fortunately, I was woken by the lil' man screaming "DADDY" just before jumping on my gut. Which is much better than getting nailed in the groan, he hasn't honed in on that delight yet. And much better than wakening to a screaming lil' man with a fork stuck into a sparking socket. What would I tell Kristen?

At 4:30pm, we were hanging outside. I couldn't see the lil' man, but I knew, or at least thought he was safe. All I could think about was the relief I was about to experience in approximately 43 minutes. Going to the Liquor store, which is apparently the only place you can buy wine in RI. Buying a crisp, cold bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and partaking in a hand rolled smokey treat. AHHHH!

I love my boy. I love my "job". I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

Also, today the lil' man learned to wave at flies and say "shoe fly, don't bother me", left from right, and that green is verde en espanol. Not bad for a kid that turned 2, 4 days ago.

Shit! I think I missed my shower window ...

No comments:

Post a Comment